Tuesday 14 August 2012

Wan Junaidi denies crossover intention

KUCHING: Santubong MP Datuk Dr Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafar yesterday quashed rumours about him crossing over to Pakatan Rakyat, and pledged his complete loyalty to Barisan Nasional (BN).

“It seems like I am always the target of such rumours. But if looking at my political history helps, I am never the type to move around.

“My loyalty is to BN and PBB and I will not be swayed in my stance,” he stressed.

The Dewan Rakyat deputy speaker said such rumour was a common opposition tactic to create chaos and division among BN members.

“I believe in the struggles and leadership of BN and am confident in the leadership of Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak. There is no country that offers so many programmes for the benefit of the people and I believe under the helm of BN, we could deliver all promises to the people.

“I don’t trust the Pakatan Rakyat’s concept and ideology,” he said.

A report in an online news portal had speculated that several MPs from PBB would defect to Pakatan before the general election.

Among the names mentioned in the report were Wan Junaidi and PBB Youth chief Datuk Fadillah Yusof.

Wan Junaidi also pointed out that a two-party system cannot be realised if there are unprincipled political frogs.

“If everyone just wants to win and start jumping around whenever they see the chance for victory in the elections, then there is no way for a two-party system to work.

“It is all about individual stance and the desire to serve the people,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment