Thursday 18 April 2013

Victory possible, says SUPP’s 3 new faces



Temenggong Vincent Lau
Datuk Sebastian Ting
Tan Kai                        . 
KUCHING: All three new faces from SUPP view the May 5 general election as a tough nut to crack but they are quite confident of winning based on their track record, the government’s transformation programmes and the strong motivation to create history.

The three are Temenggong Vincent Lau who will be contesting in Sibu, Datuk Sebastian Ting (Miri) and Tan Kai (Bandar Kuching).

Lau said his competitive edge is his long track record in serving the people of Sibu.

“I have confidence in winning but I expect it will be a tough fight,” he told reporters prior to a meeting between Pehin Sri Abdul Taib Mahmud and all 31 state BN candidates at PBB headquarters here yesterday. Lau hoped that voters would seriously look into the transformation programmes outlined by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.

“I believe the transformation programmes are far superior to a radical change, for instance, changing the government.”

He argued that it was essential for the people to continue giving the BN government a strong mandate for a better tomorrow.

“I hope the Sibu voters will acknowledge my contributions for the past 30 years. I will do my best to serve the people, especially Sibu folks.”

Ting hoped that his nine-year record in serving the people in Miri would endear him to the voters.

“It will be a difficult battle if we judge from the result of the last state election (in 2011). However, I believe that the chance for me to retain the seat is there,” said Ting, who is also SUPP publicity and information secretary and SUPP Piasau chairman.

SUPP Youth chief Tan Kai said Bandar Kuching is a DAP stronghold and as such it would be tough to pull the rug under their feet.

“However, I see the chance for me to create history as my motivation to work harder to win the support of the people,” said Tan, who is an engineer.

“As for the strategy, I’m paying voters a door-to-door visit. It started two months ago and I hope I can visit all of them before polling day (May 5).”

He added that getting more direct fights to Kuching would be among his priorities if elected as an MP. - theborneopost

No comments:

Post a Comment