Tuesday 25 February 2014

Saddened by Taib’s imminent retirement

I have been saddened by news, both in mainstream press and the alternative media, of the possible stepping down of Pehin Sri Taib Mahmud.

I had the opportunity to serve in Sarawak for a few years and I must say those were the most wonderful years of my life.

Pehin Sri Taib Mahmud is way ahead of his time in providing dynamic leadership to Sarawak.  He has united all diverse groups in Sarawak under his strong  leadership. He has practiced ‘Satu Sarawak’ long before “Satu Malaysia “ became a tag line. Under his leadership Sarawak is the envy of other states in Malaysia . To me , it would be tragic to see Pehin Sri  step down.

To all his detractors , I can only say: be careful what you wish for. You can never trade unity and stability provided by Pehin Sri’s leadership for  anything else -whatever  ideals you may have.

I pray that Pehin Sri Taib Mahmud continues to give guidance to the state administration in whatever capacity  that is entrusted to him.

By all accounts he should not shun public life . I dare say that not only Sarawak but the whole of Malaysia needs  strong  and visionary  leaders like him.

Dr Andrew Mohanraj , Kuala Lumpur 

No comments:

Post a Comment